All About Steak
Steak. Just the word conjures the irresistible aroma of seared beef for meat lovers. Here you'll learn everything you need to know to choose and prepare the best steak, from perfect filet mignon to cowboy-worthy porterhouse.
A Tradition of Quality
The Kansas City Steak Company started as a Midwestern family-owned business in 1932. From the beginning, we created standards to ensure the company’s heritage lived on through generations and our customers received the most delicious steaks possible. Over time, these standards were defined by seven distinct characteristics of quality and value, which became The Kansas City Steak Standards.
Because we recognize that you have many choices when it comes to buying steak, we’ll stop at nothing to ensure our offerings and service are the best quality and that we exceed your expectations. From our hometown-Kansas City-straight to your table, you deserve nothing less.
A Shared Belief
The Kansas City Steak Company is proud to be part of National Beef Packing Company, an industry leader that has long-standing partnerships with some of the best cattle ranchers in America.
Our distinctly unique relationship with over 2,300 ranchers sets us apart from the competition, and ensures top-quality cattle are raised and managed correctly. Applying our shared beliefs and standards, we work together to bring the best to your table.
The Kansas City Steak
- Source Tight cattle supply from producers with known and approved management methods
- Grade Primarily USDA Choice, USDA Prime
- Cut Exact specifications for trim, weight, thickness, length
- Color Consistent, cherry red colored stock (prior to aging)
- Marbling All cuts with moderate to abundant marbling
- Texture Finely textured and firm
- Aging Up to 28 days (where appropriate)