Also known as a Top Blade Steak, our well-marbled, juicy Flat Iron is second in tenderness to the filet mignon yet perfect in price for every day. This cut is surprisingly versatile and can be used for anything from an easy steak dinner to tasty steak sandwiches for lunch. Ideal for grilling and pan-searing.
- Extremely tender, well-marbled and flavorful
- Great for grilling
- Pairs perfectly with our Twice Baked Potatoes with Cheddar and Bacon
- Steaks are wet aged for up to 28 days to enhance flavor and tenderness
- Includes 1 oz packet of KC Steak Original Steak Seasoning
- Free Kansas City Steak Book included with each order. Get expert cooking directions, steak grilling times, tips, recipes and more
- Steaks cut by weight - actual thickness may vary
Thaw in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature.
Grill Master (Charcoal/Gas)
- Season steaks as desired; we recommend Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning.
- To cook on a charcoal grill, place steaks over the hottest part of the grill, and sear both sides for 1-2 minutes. Then move to medium, ash-covered coals and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- To cook on a gas grill, preheat on high. Sear both sides for 1-2 minutes, then reduce to medium heat and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
Stove Top Skillet
- Heat a heavy skillet or cast-iron skillet over high heat until hot, for about 5 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steak(s) in preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water. Do not cover. Cook to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- Set oven for broiling; preheat 10 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steaks on rack in broiler pan. Position broiler pan so that the surface of the beef is 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil to desired doneness, turning once. Consult your owner's manual for more info.
| USDA Preparation Guidelines for Mechanically Tenderized Beef:|
Grill until product reaches 145°F as measured by a food thermometer, and hold the product at or above that temperature for 3 minutes.
See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook flat iron steak, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!