Bone-in Strip with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Fried Shishito Peppers, and Peruvian aji
- 4 Bone-In Strip Steak
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 16 assorted fingerling potatoes, quarter lengthwise
- 16 shishito peppers, whole
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 anchovy filets
- 2 teaspoons portabella powder
- 3 whole green onions
- 3 Meyer lemons, juiced
- 1 head parsley
- 1 head cilantro
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Source Chef Lance Avery Submission
- Oil the steaks on each side. Blends the spices together then rub the spices into the steak. Cook the steaks over a very hot grill, turning once. If the grill is very hot, the steaks should only take 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and place into a sealable container. Using a smoking gun fill the container with smoke and seal. Let the steaks rest and distribute the juices throughout the meat. They should rest at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Toss the potatoes in the extra virgin olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 450F oven until the centers of the potatoes are soft.
- Fry the shishito peppers in hot oil until their skins begin to blister. Remove the chilies from the oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Blend the garlic, anchovy, lemon juice, parsley, portabella powder, cilantro, green onions, mayo, oil together in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.