- Preheat gas grill on high heat to approximately 600°.
- Sprinkle both sides of each steak with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Prepare the booster sauce by combining the melted butter with the bouillon.
- Place bone-in strip steaks on preheated grill, reducing heat to medium. Baste frequently with booster sauce. Grill (covered) for approximately 10 minutes per side, rotating 90° once on each side to create a crosshatch of grill marks. (The desired outcome is a medium rare steak.)
- Meanwhile, prepare the hollandaise sauce. In a small saucepan beat the egg yolks for about one minute. Add the lemon juice, water, and salt and combine thoroughly. Place the saucepan over medium heat, and add one tablespoon of butter. Stir frequently until butter is melted and the egg yolk mixture has begun to thicken so that it no longer coats the bottom of the pan when stirred. Immediately remove the pan from heat, and stir in the second tablespoon of chilled butter. Continue stirring until the butter has melted. Now, continue stirring, and add the melted butter, one drop at a time at first, until it is complete incorporated. As more melted butter is incorporated, you can drizzle the melted butter into the sauce at a faster pace.
- Serve the hollandaise sauce in sauce cups with the grilled steak.