- Spread the peppercorns onto a plate, and then press both sides of the steaks onto the peppercorns until coated. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and the 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Once it begins to smoke, gently place the steaks in the pan. Once steaks reach desired doneness, remove the steaks and set aside to rest.
- While the steaks are cooking, coat the shallots with flour, and in another pan over medium heat pour in remaining oil. Once the oil gets hot, place into pan to gently fry. Once fried, remove and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Set aside.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and add the cognac. Carefully ignite the cognac with a stick lighter and shake the pan until the flames go out. Return the pan to medium heat and then add the cream. Whisk until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Season with salt to taste. Place the steaks onto plates, and spoon the sauce over them.
- Garnish the steaks with the fried shallots. Serve and enjoy!
Back to Top