Your shopping cart is empty.
We recommend checking out our best selling steaks.
Sesame Miso Ribeye Steak and Egg Cole Slaw Sandwich
Cooking & Prep Time
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- In a plastic zip lock bag, put miso, soy sauce, ground white sesame, mirin, rice cooking wine, sugar, lemon juice and sesame oil. Shake the bag to combine. Put the steak into the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 1 hour later, take the marinated steak out of the refrigerator. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together yellow mustard and butter. Spread both cut sides of rolls with the butter mixture and place on a baking sheet. Toast the rolls until lightly brown.
- Make egg coleslaw. In a skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add cabbages and sauté for about 30 seconds until just start to be wilted. Take the cabbages out and place on a plate. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk then pour in the same skillet. Cook over medium heat stirring with fork constantly until egg mixture is cooked and turns finely scrambled eggs. Take the eggs out and put into a medium bowl. Let both eggs and cabbages cool.
- Cook steak. In a cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, remove the excess marinade sauce from the steak (reserve the marinade sauce) and put into the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn the steak, reduce heat to medium-low and cook the other side for 2 minutes. Then pour in the reserved marinade sauce and keep cooking pouring the sauce over the steak for another 1 minute or until your desired doneness of the steak. Take the steak out and put on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and let the steak rest.
- When the eggs and cabbages have cooled, put the cabbages into the scrambled eggs bowl. Add mayonnaise and ground white sesame. Mix to combine. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Assemble sandwich. On the bottom of the roll, put the egg coleslaw. Cut the steak into 5-6 slices and put on the eggcole slaw. Sprinkle minced scallions and crushed red peppers on top. Put the top of the roll to close sandwich.
Back to Top