Miso-Jang Ribeye Steak Sandwich
- About 30-45 minutes before start to cook, take the steak out of the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, mix together miso, mirin and gochujang.
- Make garlic bread. Grate garlic and put into a shallow medium-large plate with olive oil. Mix to combine. Put the Italian bread slices into the plate and let sit to soak the bread slices with the garlic olive oil for about 30 seconds. (just one side) Then spread the garlic olive oil sides of both bread slices with the butter evenly and put the garlic remaining in the plate on top of each bread slice. Place the bread slices, garlic butter sides up, on a baking sheet and bake in 350 degrees F oven for 6-7 minutes until nicely brown.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and black pepper generously. In a cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add the steak and cook for 2 minutes. Turn and cook the other side for 1 minute. Take the steak out and place on a plate. Discard the oil in the skillet, return the skillet on the heat and put the gochujang mixture to the skillet. When the sauce is warmed up, turn off the heat, remove the skillet from the stove top. Then return the steak into the skillet and coat both sides of the steak with the sauce. Take the steak out and put on the plate again. Cover with aluminum foil and let the steak rest.
- Make salad. In a medium bowl, put cabbages, carrots and salt. Mix to combine and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and rice vinegar.
- After 5 minutes when the cabbages and carrots are tender, add the sugar and rice vinegar mixture. Mix to combine.
- Shred Korean seaweed into small pieces.
- Assemble sandwich. With hands, squeeze the salad to remove the excess liquid as much as possible and put on one bread slice, garlic butter side. Cut the steak into 5-6 slices and put the steak slices on the salad and spread the sauce remaining in the skillet or plate. Sprinkle minced scallions, sesame seeds and Korean seaweed on top. Put the other bread slice, garlic butter side down, to close sandwich.
Back to Top