- Heavily season the end pieces of the Filet. Sear both sides on a very hot cast iron skillet and place into a preheated oven at 450F for 8 to 10 min.
- Take two slices of Bacon and cut into cubes. Place into sauce pan and cook until fat has been rendered out. Add 2 tbsp. sugar into the pan until the bacon is crispy and candied.
- Peel the skin off of the Cipollini onions and place into a sauté pan with 2 tbsp. butter and Madeira wine. Cook down until the wine has evaporated. Add 2 tbsp. butter and 2 tbsp. sugar until the onions have caramelized.
- In a sauté pan add the Gorgonzola and cream. Cook down until it has thickened and has an even consistency.
- Ladle Gorgonzola sauce unto a shallow plate.
- Place Filet in center of sauce
- Top Filet with onions and bacon
- Add Rosemary sprig as garnish.