Grilled Veal T-bone with Mint Chutney
- 4 Veal T-Bones
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 gal. water
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Source Chef Graham Submission
- Combine the water and salt in a sauce pan. You can add a sprig of fresh rosemary and a couple sprigs of fresh thyme if you like. Bring to a boil to dissolve the salt and then cool completely. Place the veal in the brine solution and allow to brine for about 4 hours, or overnight.
- To make the Chutney, combine the cilantro, mint, jalapeno, salt, onion, and lemon juice in a food processor and process to paste. Adjust the consistency with water. Taste the chutney and adjust seasoning with salt as needed.
- Grill the veal over a medium flame to your desired doneness then all them to rest for 5 minutes covered with foil. Spread a spoonful of sauce over each steak and enjoy.