Beef Steak Stir Fry with Miso Oyster Sauce Sandwich
- About 30 minutes before start to cook, take the steak out of the refrigerator.
- Julienne both bell peppers. Cut out the stem end of scallions and chop. Cut the stem of each shiitake mushroom off and slice thinly. Mince garlic.
- Make sauce. In a small bowl, mix together mirin, miso paste, soy sauce, rice cooking wine, crushed red pepper and oyster sauce. Set aside.
- Make sunny side up egg. In a small skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of canola oil over medium heat. Crack in the egg and cook the egg until egg white firms yet egg yolk is still a little bit runny or until your desired doneness of the egg.
- Make garlic bread. Grate 1 clove garlic and put into a shallow plate with olive oil. Put the ciabatta rolls, cut sides down, into the plate and let sit for about 1 minute pressing the top to soak the rolls with olive oil mixture occasionally. Then spread the butter on the garlic olive oil sides of the ciabatta rolls evenly and put the garlic remaining in the plate on top of each roll. Place the rolls, garlic butter sides up, on a baking sheet and bake in 350 degrees F oven for about 7 minutes until lightly brown.
- Season the steak generously on both sides with salt and black pepper. Brush the 1 tablespoon of canola oil all over the steak. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. When the skillet is very hot, reduce heat to medium and add the steak to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn the steak, reduce heat to medium-low and cook the other side for 1 minute for medium. Remove the skillet from the heat and let the steak rest. (about 10 minutes)
- In the meantime, in a work, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Add cabbages, both bell peppers and stir fry until crisp tender. Add shiitake mushrooms and scallions and stir fry. Add the sauce and toss to coat.
- When the steak has rested, cut the steak into 5-6 slices.
- Assemble sandwich. On the bottom of the ciabatta roll, put the steak slices and vegetable mixture with the sauce remaining in the work. Put the sunny side up egg, sprinkle sesame seeds over the egg yolk and top with the top of the ciabatta roll to close sandwich.
Back to Top