One of our most delicious and impressive cuts, this tender Prime Rib Roast makes a stunning centerpiece for any special meal. It's boneless, delicately marbled, trimmed to perfection and easy to prepare. With Creamed Spinach and Twice Baked Potatoes on the side and delicious Mississippi Mud Cake for dessert, this combo makes for unforgettable mealtime memories.
- 1 (4.5-5 lb) Prime Rib Roast aged for up to 28 days to enhance flavor and tenderness. Cooking instructions included
- 1 (30 oz) Creamed Spinach combines tender spinach, onions, cream, butter and Italian cheeses
- 8 (5 oz) Twice Baked Potatoes loaded with fresh ingredients like real butter, bacon and cheddar cheese
- 1 (7”) Mississippi Mud Cake is a rich chocolate pound cake with hearty chunks of more pound cake, chocolate ganache, coffee infused and drizzles of dark and milk chocolate
- Makes for an easy dinner with no guesswork and is an exceptional meat-lover's gift basket
- Comes with a FREE Kansas City Steak Book, filled with expert cooking instructions (like how to cook prime rib), roasting tips, recipes and more
- Includes Original Steak Seasoning packet
Preparing Prime Rib Roast
Thaw prime rib roast in refrigerator for at least 3 days before preparing. Bring the meat to room temperature. Remove your roast from the refrigerator at least an hour (but no more than two hours) before roasting.
Season well and place fat side up on rack, in a shallow roasting pan. Leave netting on while cooking. Do not add water or cover.
Roast in a 375°F oven until meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers an internal temperature of 125°F (approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours) for medium-rare for a 5-pound prime rib roast or 135°F (approximately 2 to 2 ½ hours) for medium.
Cover roast with aluminum foil tent and allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes. Remove netting and trim excess fat before carving.
Our roasts are available in various sizes. Adjust cooking times when appropriate. We suggest using a meat thermometer to ensure proper doneness. See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook a prime rib roast, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!
| USDA Preparation Guidelines for Mechanically Tenderized Beef:|
Bake until product reaches 145°F as measured by a food thermometer, and hold the product at or above that temperature for 3 minutes.
Preparing Creamed Spinach
Oven - Remove cover and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes. Stir before serving or transferring to your favorite dish. Container will be hot.
Preparing 5 oz Twice Baked Potatoes
Microwave (Recommended) - Remove from packaging. For 5 oz potatoes, microwave 2-2½ minutes. Microwave ovens cooking times may vary.
Oven - Remove from packaging. Preheat oven to 400°F. For 5 oz potatoes, bake 25 minutes.
Preparing Mississippi Mud Cake
Defrost in refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature to serve and refrigerate leftovers up to 5 days.