When presentation is important, gift boxed steaks from the Kansas City Steak Company send an elegant and tasteful message. This package includes our Super Trimmed™ Crown Filet Mignon® cut from only the finest beef available, then hand-trimmed to provide exceptional quality and flavor. Then we pack them in our beautiful black gift box, and include our Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning packet and Kansas City Steak Book, The Guide to Great Steak.
Definitely a gift to remember!
- Wrapped up and ready to gift
- 4 Crown Filet Mignon®, 12 oz each
- Steaks are wrapped individually in cryovac packaging
- Includes 1 oz packet of KC Steak Original Steak Seasoning
- Free Kansas City Steak Book included with each order. Get expert cooking directions, steak grilling times, tips, recipes and more
- Steaks cut by weight – actual thickness may vary
Thaw in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature.
Grill Master (Charcoal/Gas)
- Season steaks as desired; we recommend Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning.
- To cook on a charcoal grill, place steaks over the hottest part of the grill, and sear both sides for 1-2 minutes. Then move to medium, ash-covered coals and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- To cook on a gas grill, preheat on high. Sear both sides for 1-2 minutes, then reduce to medium heat and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
Stove Top Skillet
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, for about 5 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steak(s) in preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water. Do not cover. Cook to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- Set oven for broiling; preheat 10 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steaks on rack in broiler pan. Position broiler pan so that the surface of the beef is 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil to desired doneness, turning once. Consult your owner's manual for more info.
Chef's Technique for Thick-Cut Filet Mignon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a heavy skillet or cast-iron skillet on your stovetop over high heat until very hot, about 5 minutes. A hot skillet delivers the best sear.
- Add a 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to skillet (enough to coat the bottom). Sear the steaks on one side for about 2 minutes, then turn steaks and place skillet on the middle rack of the oven and cook to desired doneness.
See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook thick-cut filet mignon, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!