This uncut Filet Mignon is a roast known worldwide as Chateaubriand. It's delicately marbled, exquisitely flavored and decadently juicy - perfect for a holiday meal or any special occasion. It comes with Baked Potato Casserole, Crispy Asiago Asparagus and New York Cheesecake, guaranteed to make it a meal that all will remember.
- 2 (2 lb) Chateaubriand Tenderloin Roasts wet aged for up to 28 days to enhance flavor and tenderness
- 1 (32 oz) Baked Potato Casserole combines special spices and fresh sliced Idaho potatoes (baked with the skin on). Topped with bacon, sour cream, chives and shredded cheddar cheese
- 22 pieces Crispy Asiago Asparagus combines fresh asparagus with savory asiago cheese before they're hand-wrapped in crisp, buttery phyllo and finished with a light dusting of kataifi
- 1 (7”) New York Cheesecake is dense and creamy, baked in a traditional graham cracker crust
- Makes for an easy dinner with no guesswork, and is a unique gift basket for meat lovers
- Comes with a FREE Kansas City Steak Book, filled with expert cooking instructions, roasting tips, recipes and more
- Includes Original Steak Seasoning packet
Preparing Chateaubriand Tenderloin Roasts
Thaw in refrigerator for at least two days before preparing.
Bring the meat to room temperature. Remove your roast from the refrigerator at least an hour (but no more than two hours) before roasting.
Rub Chateaubriand with softened butter then sprinkle with Original Steak Seasoning or coarse salt. Place Chateaubriand fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover.
Roast in 450°F oven until a meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare doneness (about 20 to 25 minutes) or 145°F for medium doneness (about 20 to 30 minutes). Beef Tenderloin is best when cooked to medium rare doneness. Well done is not recommended because the meat becomes dry and has less flavor. Allow roast to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Internal temperatures: how to measure doneness
- Rare - 125°F
- Medium Rare - 135°F
- Medium - 145°F
See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook beef tenderloin, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!
Preparing Baked Potato Casserole
Thaw overnight or up to 48 hours in refrigerator.
Thawed - Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove lid. Bake for 35-45 minutes.
Frozen - Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove lid. Bake 65-75 minutes
**If product begins to brown while cooking from thawed or frozen cover lightly with foil and continue baking.
Preparing Crispy Asiago Asparagus
Convection Oven – From frozen, bake in a pre-heated 400°F Convection Oven for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
Conventional Oven – From frozen, bake in a pre-heated 375ºF oven for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Preparing New York Cheesecake
Defrost in refrigerator overnight. Serve chilled. Refrigerate leftovers up to 5 days.