Our decadently juicy beef Tenderloin Roast is perfect for that special occasion. This uncut Filet Mignon is a roast known worldwide as Chateaubriand and is delicately marbled, and exquisitely flavored.
- Read Chateaubriand Reviews - 5 stars!
- Wet Aged for up to 28 days to enhance flavor and tenderness
- 2 lb Chateaubriand roast serves approximately 4-6 people.
- Includes Original Steak Seasoning packet
- Average serving size: 8oz per person. Petite serving size: 6oz per person.
- Free Kansas City Steak Book included with each order. Get expert cooking directions for chateaubriand, steak grilling tips, steak and roast recipes and more
Thaw in refrigerator for at least two days before preparing.
Bring the meat to room temperature. Remove your roast from the refrigerator at least an hour (but no more than two hours) before roasting.
Rub Chateaubriand with softened butter then sprinkle with Original Steak Seasoning or coarse salt. Place Chateaubriand fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover.
Roast in 450°F oven until a meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare doneness (about 20 to 25 minutes) or 145°F for medium doneness (about 20 to 30 minutes). Beef Tenderloin is best when cooked to medium rare doneness. Well done is not recommended because the meat becomes dry and has less flavor. Allow roast to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Internal temperatures: how to measure doneness
- Rare - 125°F
- Medium Rare - 135°F
- Medium - 145°F
See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook beef tenderloin, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!