For an unsurpassed surf-and-turf combination, The Kansas City Steak Company® pairs its Super Trimmed™ Filet Mignon, cut from the center of premium-aged Tenderloin, with succulent wild-caught Maine Lobster Tails.
- Filet Mignon also known as beef tenderloin or tenderloin filet.
- Perfect gift for Father's Day, Christmas or any special occasion
- Best selling Steak and Seafood combination.
- Free Kansas City Steak Book with Original Steak Seasoning packet included with each order. Get expert cooking directions, tips, steak grilling times, broiling times, recipes and more
- Steaks are individually vacuum sealed
- Lobster Tails are packaged 2 per vacuum sealed package
- Complete the meal by adding twice baked potatoes with cheddar bacon
- Steaks cut by weight — actual thickness may vary
Preparing Lobster Tails
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Oven - Preheat oven to 350°F. Split the top shell lengthwise through the center using a sharp knife or kitchen shears. Pull shell apart slightly. Place the tails, split side up, in a pan with 1-inch of water. Put 1 tsp. butter on each tail. Sprinkle each tail with 1 tsp. paprika. Bake in oven until meat is solid white.
Stove Top - Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Carefully add FROZEN tails. Return to a boil; cook 5 to 6 minutes until shells turn orange-red and meat is solid white. If desired, serve with drawn butter.
Grilling - Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place the tails shell side down on cutting board, and cut the tails lengthwise in half to expose the meat. Grill the tails shell side down over direct medium heat with lid closed approximately 8 minutes, or until meat is opaque.
Preparing Filet Mignon
Thaw in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature.
Grill Master (Charcoal/Gas)
- Season steaks as desired; we recommend Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning.
- To cook on a charcoal grill, place steaks over the hottest part of the grill, and sear both sides for 1-2 minutes. Then move to medium, ash-covered coals and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- To cook on a gas grill, preheat on high. Sear both sides for 1-2 minutes, then reduce to medium heat and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
Stove Top Skillet
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, for about 5 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steak(s) in preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water. Do not cover. Cook to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- Set oven for broiling; preheat 10 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steaks on rack in broiler pan. Position broiler pan so that the surface of the beef is 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil to desired doneness, turning once. Consult your owner's manual for more info.
See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook filet mignon, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!