America was raised on meat and potatoes, but this meal raises the bar. It pairs our hand-cut, buttery-tender filet mignon with our overloaded Cheddar Bacon Potatoes for one unforgettable dining experience.
- 4 Super Trimmed™ Filet Mignon, 6 oz each
- 4 Cheddar Bacon Twice Baked Potatoes, 8 oz each
- Steaks cut by weight — actual thickness may vary
Preparing Filet Mignon
Thaw in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature.
Grill Master (Charcoal/Gas)
- Season steaks as desired; we recommend Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning.
- To cook on a charcoal grill, place steaks over the hottest part of the grill, and sear both sides for 1-2 minutes. Then move to medium, ash-covered coals and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- To cook on a gas grill, preheat on high. Sear both sides for 1-2 minutes, then reduce to medium heat and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
Stove Top Skillet
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, for about 5 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steak(s) in preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water. Do not cover. Cook to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- Set oven for broiling; preheat 10 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steaks on rack in broiler pan. Position broiler pan so that the surface of the beef is 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil to desired doneness, turning once. Consult your owner's manual for more info.
See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook filet mignon, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!
Preparing 8 oz Twice Baked Potatoes
Microwave (Recommended) - Remove from packaging. Microwave 3-4½ minutes. Microwave ovens cooking times may vary.
Oven - Remove from packaging. Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake 40 minutes.