The traditional flavors of garlic and herbs with a hint of horseradish, pre-rubbed atop our exceptional Boneless Prime Rib Roast will tantalize your taste buds and be an experience to remember for meals to come. Also known as a Ribeye Roast, this cut, offered by the Kansas City Steak Company™, has unparalleled flavor and texture.
- Easy to prepare, with simple to follow cooking instructions
- Boneless and tender
- Delicately marbled
- Average serving size: 8 oz per person. Petite serving size: 6 oz per person.
- Each 3.5-4 lb Roast serves 6-8
- Each 4-4.5 lb and 4.5-5 lb Roast serves 8-10
- Each 5-5.5 lb Roast serves 10-12
- The Kansas City Steak Book is included FREE with each order. Get expert prime rib roast cooking directions, tips, prime rib recipes and more.
Thaw prime rib roast in refrigerator for at least 3 days before preparing. Bring the meat to room temperature. Remove your roast from the refrigerator at least an hour (but no more than two hours) before roasting.
Place fat side up on rack, in a shallow roasting pan. Leave netting on while cooking. Do not add water or cover.
Roast in a 375°F oven until meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers an internal temperature of 125°F (approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours) for medium-rare for a 5-pound prime rib roast or 135°F (approximately 2 to 2 ½ hours) for medium.
Cover roast with aluminum foil tent and allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes. Remove netting and trim excess fat before carving.
Our roasts are available in various sizes. Adjust cooking times when appropriate. We suggest using a meat thermometer to ensure proper doneness. See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook a prime rib roast, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!
| USDA Preparation Guidelines for Mechanically Tenderized Beef:|
Bake until product reaches 145°F as measured by a food thermometer, and hold the product at or above that temperature for 3 minutes.