Mediterranean Chateaubriand with Olive Vinaigrette
- Place the Chateaubriand on a cutting board long ends on the sides. Begin to lightly slice into the beef long ways turning the beef a quarter turn, and then slice a little more. Keep doing this until you have a uniformly flat piece of beef about ½ inch think. Season the meat with salt and pepper
- Cut the eggplant into ¼ inch wide strips, and then randomly place the eggplant strips, poblano strips, roasted red pepper strips and anchovies in a single layer on the beef.
- Roll the Chateaubriand up tightly and truss it to keep it together. Season the outside with salt and pepper and either grill over a moderate flame, or roast in a 350 degree oven until medium rare or an internal temperature of 130 degrees is reached.
- Place meat in the fridge until thoroughly chilled.
- While meat is chilling, simmer the bottle of wine until it is reduced to about ½ cup, about 30-40 minutes.
- Puree the olives with the brine in a blender for 2 minutes. Add the red wine and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until well pureed and smooth, about 1 more minute. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve beef sliced in ¼ inch slices, cold, with vinaigrette.
Back to Top