For a tasty surf and turf, we’ve paired our best-selling Super Trimmed™ Filet Mignon with flaky, delicate Maryland Style Crab Cakes. Enjoy rich, flavorful Creamed Spinach on the side and indulge in sweet New York Cheesecake for dessert. Together, these four favorites make a mealtime masterpiece.
- 4 (6 oz) Super Trimmed™ Filet Mignon aged for up to 28 days to enhance flavor and tenderness. Individually vacuum-sealed
- 4 (3 oz) Crab Cakes hand-formed using crab meat and our own special ingredients. Individually vacuum-sealed
- 1 (30 oz) Creamed Spinach combines tender spinach, onions, cream, butter and Italian cheeses
- 1 (7”) New York Cheesecake is dense and creamy, baked in a traditional graham cracker crust
- Makes for an easy dinner with no guesswork, or a great gift for Christmas, Easter, Father’s Day or any special occasion
- From Kansas City to Omaha to Des Moines, we source our premium quality beef predominantly throughout the Midwest
- Comes with a FREE Kansas City Steak Book, filled with expert cooking instructions (like how to cook filet mignon), grilling times and tips, filet mignon recipes and more
- Includes Original Steak Seasoning packet
- Steaks cut by weight – actual thickness may vary
Preparing Filet Mignon
Thaw in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Remove your steak from the refrigerator 30-40 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature.
Grill Master (Charcoal/Gas)
- Season steaks as desired; we recommend Kansas City Steak Original Steak Seasoning.
- To cook on a charcoal grill, place steaks over the hottest part of the grill, and sear both sides for 1-2 minutes. Then move to medium, ash-covered coals and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- To cook on a gas grill, preheat on high. Sear both sides for 1-2 minutes, then reduce to medium heat and continue to grill to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
Stove Top Skillet
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, for about 5 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steak(s) in preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water. Do not cover. Cook to desired doneness. Turn about 1 minute prior to the halfway point.
- Set oven for broiling; preheat 10 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steaks on rack in broiler pan. Position broiler pan so that the surface of the beef is 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil to desired doneness, turning once. Consult your owner's manual for more info.
See our step-by-step instructions on how to cook filet mignon, including cooking times and expert tips that will have you cooking like a pro!
Preparing Creamed Spinach
Oven - Remove cover and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes. Stir before serving or transferring to your favorite dish. Container will be hot.
Preparing New York Cheesecake
Defrost in refrigerator overnight. Serve chilled. Refrigerate leftovers up to 5 days.
Preparing Crab Cakes
Cook to an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove crab cakes from all packaging.<
Bake From Frozen - Preheat oven to 400°F place frozen cakes on greased baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes
Bake From Thawed - Thaw under refrigeration. Preheat oven to 400°F, place cakes on greased baking sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes at 400°F.
Sauté - (not recommended from frozen state) Cook cakes in frying pan or skillet for approximately 5 minutes each side at medium heat.