How to Cook Top Sirloin Steak?
Thaw in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
Grill Master (Charcoal/Gas)
- Season as desired: We recommend Kansas City Steak Original Steak seasoning. Place steaks over medium, ash-covered coals, or, preheat gas grill on high, then reduce to medium heat while cooking steaks.
- Grill to desired doneness, according to time listed, turning once for 1-inch thick steaks, occasionally for thicker steaks.
Stove Top Skillet
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, for about 5 minutes.
- Season, as desired. Place steak(s) in preheated skillet (do not overcrowd). Do not add oil or water. Do not cover. Cook to desired doneness according to the times listed, turning once for 1-inch thick steaks, occasionally for thicker steaks.
- Set oven for broiling; preheat 10 minutes. During broiling, the door of an electric oven should be left ajar; the door of a gas oven should remain closed. (Consult your owner’s manual.)
- Season, as desired. Place steaks on rack in broiler pan. Position broiler pan so that the surface of the beef is 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil to desired doneness, according to times listed, turning once.
| USDA Preparation Guidelines for Mechanically Tenderized Beef:|
Grill until product reaches 145F as measured by a food thermometer, and hold the product at or above that temperature for 3 minutes.
Please click below for more cooking directions: